Wyland Clean Water ChallengeExploring Aquatic Ecosystems
The Clean Water Challenge is designed to instruct and inspire young people everywhere about marine science and the conservation of water quality on our planet. Through a unique range of continually updated activities, students are offered a global view of our planet’s ocean, lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, and wetlands, and our relationship to one of our greatest natural resources – water.
Led by Wyland and Dr. Sylvia Earle, this unique program uses science and art activities to guide students as they explore aquatic ecosystems. The wealth of information and variety of hands-on investigations will encourage students to become stewards of earth’s vital water habitats. The lessons and activities align with national science and art education standards. This exciting program for grades 5 through 8 is available through Blue Star Education (800.557.6241).
Student Eco-guide SupplementsDownload free, here.
- Ocean - with features on California kelp forests and the coral reefs of the Florida Keys and Flower Garden Banks
- Wetlands - with a feature on the Florida Everglades
- Estuaries - with a feature on the Chesapeake Bay
- Lakes - with a feature on the Great Lakes
- Rivers - with a feature on the Mississippi River